Recycling is one of the easiest ways we can help the environment and reduce our carbon footprint. Scrap metals can be recycled and used again for an indefinite period without losing their quality, meaning we protect and preserve some of nature’s most limited resources.
The energy required to mine, process and transport metals isn’t green and results in huge amounts of CO2 being released into the atmosphere. By recycling, we can effectively limit the amount of energy required and reduce the level of CO2 emissions, making it a much more sustainable practice.
- We process all products according to EPA guidelines (as per EPA Act, 1st July, 2021).
- Nationally over 750,000 cars reach their end of economic life each year, creating one million tonne of waste. We are here to ensure these cars are processed in an environmentally friendly way and that the quality used parts can be reused, helping both our customers and the environment
- In 2017, there was 210,000 tonnes of automotive waste ended up in landfill (nationally) and 63,000 tonnes of this total was in Victoria. We are here to reduce this waste and save you money.
- We only work with reputable businesses to recycle all of our metal products at their end of life, with the aim to keep as much of the end of life vehicle out of landfill.
At Pick a Part, we are all about giving back to our community and believe we can all impact our community and world for the better. By partnering with various local community groups including local businesses and sporting clubs through sponsorships, we aim to increase wellness in people, society and the planet.
For over 20 years, we have supported a number of local sporting clubs with sponsorships. We are also active in supporting Royal Children’s Hospital, through various initiatives – donating $25,000 over the last 2 years, working with the CFA/MFB donating cars for training and donating car parts to VACC for their apprenticeship programs.
We are proud and active members of Victorian Automotive Chamber of Commerce (VACC) and Auto Recyclers Association (VRA). Additionally, we exceed the Environmental Protection Authority Victoria (EPA) guidelines and are aligned with ‘Worksafe’ best practices.
Compliance & accreditations
We have implemented a management system standard and use this to drive improvement and manage risk, ensuring we remain compliant with the relevant standard for our operations. As a self-serve car wrecker, we buy and sell complete vehicles and hold all the necessary accreditations and licenses for our operations:
- Licenced Motor Car Trader No. 7217
- Secondhand Dealer No. 3449
- Public weighbridge PW-0247
Just for fun
Dom Dolla contacted us about using our Pick-A-Part to create his official music video for his tech-house track ‘Pump The Brakes‘, which was released in 2021. The video was as a tongue-in-cheek ode to his much-loved 2001 Toyota Camry. We are big supporters of the arts and thought it was a great way to support a local artist and showcase our yard. Enjoy!
Do you have a pricelist?
Yes, we have a price list on our website. All prices listed are for any make/model/year car. We also have QR codes onsite, where you can check our prices before you remove your parts
Can you remove the parts for me?
We are predominately a self-service yard, however we can remove parts for you, for an additional fee. Call your preferred yard for a quote
What are your operating hours for Pick-A-Part?
Both our Kilsyth and Campbellfield Pick-A-Part yards are open 7 days a week from 9am – 5pm (last entry 4.30pm). We ask that you are in by 4.30pm, so you have enough time to ‘pick your parts’ before we close for the day at 5pm
What are your operating hours for selling scrap metal?
Our scrap metal business located at 50 Fussell Road, Kilsyth, is open from Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm). We ask that you are in by 3.30pm, so you have enough time to unload your scrap metal products and so we can arrange your payment before we close at 4pm